Outlook, otherwise recently known as Live or simply Hotmail is a email service which is provided by Microsoft company. There are about 450 million active users of hotmail.com currently. www.hotmail.com was launched in 1996 and later in 2012, it was re-launched with the name outlook.com.
Hotmail account is totally free. You can use every other Microsoft services with this same account. You have to create hotmail account first to use Microsoft services such as SkyDrive, PlayStore, Windows, Chat, etc. If you already have a hotmail account, then you do not have to create hotmail account. But if you do not have one, then you can sign up for hotmail very easily.
Steps to Create Hotmail Account:
- Open whichever web-browser that you are using.
- Go to the web-address hotmail.com or outlook.com or live.com.
- This will open hotmail login page. It is a default page of the website if you have not logged in to your hotmail account before.
- In order to create a hotmail account, click Sign up now link from the bottom saying ‘Don’t have a Microsoft account? Sign up now’.
- Now this will lead you to the ‘Create an account’ page of outlook.com.
- Enter your Name i.e. your first name and last name on the first and second field respectively.
- Creating a User name is a tricky part. You can either use your favorite existing email address as your Microsoft account or you can create a Microsoft account to get a new email inbox. It is all up to you.
- Create a password on the next field. Remember that, password must be minimum of 8-character. Make sure you create a strong password so that you do not have to change hotmail password later on.
- Re-enter your password to confirm.
- Choose your country/region.
- Type in your ZIP code, enter your birth-date on A.D and select your gender on the following fields.
- Now enter your genuine mobile number. It is all for the security purpose. By providing your phone number, your account becomes more secure and safer. This is for SMS verification and message alert.
- Enter a Captcha that you see on your screen.
- Finally hit the Create account button.
Now you are done. You have your new Hotmail account. Next time you are logging in to hotmail account, use your new username and password. You can tick the ‘Send me promotional offers from Microsoft.’ box at the bottom if you want Microsoft to send you offers on your hotmail inbox.