www.hotmail.co.uk is supposed to be Hotmail email service for English people. But when you go to hotmail.co.uk, you will be re-directed to the normal live login page i,e, login.live.com. This is because English is the language for both American and English people. Windows Live Hotmail is available is available in number of languages including Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, etc.
hotmail.com is available in 105 different languages. Default language is always English (US). But if you want to change the language, then you can always do that.
Change Language in www.hotmail.co.uk:
- Open whichever web-browser that you are using.
- Go to www.hotmail.co.uk or www.hotmail.com.
- Login to your hotmail account using your Email address and Password.
- Click on the gear-like button from your login page.
- Then click on Options.
- Go to Language under “Customizing Outlook.com”.
- Choose from 105 different languages available. Hit the ‘Save’ button to view the whole page in that language.
If you want to change the language back into the English, then just scroll down to the bottom, click on the name of the current language. This will take you to the page with the language list. Choose English(United Kingdom) or English(United States) to view the whole site back to English language.
Try MSN Hotmail in Different Language
In order to change the display language of MSN Hotmail:
- Follow the Options link in Hotmail.
- Now go to the Personal category. Select Language.
- Choose the language of your choice.
- Click OK
Even if you try to change the language just for fun, everything including Options and even the Language link will appear in the selected language. Be prepared for some instinct and wild guessing when you want to go back to plain English Hotmail. If you are lucky enough, the browser will automatically ask you if you want to translate page. When the pop-up appears, choose English.